I was thoroughly enjoying reading Muddy Mum’s – also known as Mud and Nettles – blog about the One Lovely Blog Award, especially the bit about Hugh Jackman until I saw my name at the bottom of the page under ‘nominations’ and I really went EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!! Not me surely. There’s nothing about me that anyone would want to know. I’m not a super duper confident devil-may-care blogger and I am always amazed to see the number of views/visitors on my stats page; even more amazed at the different countries they come from. So I’m having to dig deep to think of seven things that you may possibly not know about me, or you might find the teeny, tiniest bit interesting. I’m also having to do this almost straight away, off the top of my head, else I might accidentally ‘forget’…… Here goes:
1. In 2002 I opened an internet based bookshop called (not surprisingly) The Robb Inn Bookshop. When I started I didn’t even know what a First Edition was. It took off and I loved it. I closed up shop last year and officially retired.
2. I can cook but I can’t ice a cake for toffee. I’ll make you the best Christmas cake ever but it will have snow peaks all over it – and even they will probably droop.
3. My favourite film of all time is Kelly’s Heroes with Clint Eastwood. The song ‘Burning Bridges’ still gives me goosebumps. It’s the only film I can watch time and time again.
4. I’m good with all animals except horses (and cows). They don’t like me and the last time I went riding the horse bolted but I managed to stay on albeit clinging around its neck.
5. I can pluck and draw a turkey/chicken/pheasant in record time
6. I can’t swim properly (my husband thinks I can!)
7. I used to shoot (target and rough). My best with a .22 target rifle was 96/100.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers (don’t if you would rather not)
SandhurstGeocachers (either Mr. or Mrs. hg137)
Edited as I forgot to link to Muddy Mum’s blog – sorry. Thank you for nominating me.